19 Oct Recycling Paint in Tucson & Pima County
Whether you’re painting a house, commercial building, or school, you’ll likely need a dumpster rental and a lot of paint! Leftover paint can take up valuable storage space and even create a potentially hazardous environment. If you live in Tucson or Pima County, you can recycle your paint with help from this guide:
It’s important to buy only as much paint as you need for your project. Unfortunately, that can be a lot easier said than done! If you have paint left over after your project, you might think storing it in your garage is the only option. Instead of holding on to paint you know you’ll never use, you can let someone else use it with the paint recycling program in Tucson and Pima County! Bring your paint to a household hazardous waste facility so it can be safely redistributed.
Unwanted paint must be brought to the proper facilities in order to avoid contamination and ensure proper recycling. Tucson and Pima County have a few different household hazardous waste facilities you can visit with paint and other items. Drop-off locations include:
- the Main Site on Sweetwater Drive
- Los Reales Landfill on Los Reales Road.
- There are also mobile locations throughout the month as well as home pick-up services available for a fee. If you want to purchase or pick up any of the recycled paint, you’ll need to visit Gerson’s Building Materials on Country Club Boulevard.
Hours and Limitations
- The Main Site accepts drop-offs on Fridays and Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Los Reales Landfill is Monday through Saturday from 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. If you want to request a home pick-up, you can expect a $25 fee.
Are you working on a home renovation? Do you want to learn more about disposal and recycling services in Tucson? Contact Santa Rita Waste! Our Tucson rolloff dumpster rental is a great choice for many different projects. Give us a call at (520) 624-0550 for more information.